Monday 21 November 2011

Pumpkin Pie recipe!

Pumpkin Pie Recipe!
I've been wanting to try a pumpkin pie for so long now!
I must try and make one! I didn't celebrate Halloween this year,
I didn't buy any pumpkin, boo me I know.
Though I'm wanting to buy a pumpkin now and make a pie!!
I've never actually had pumpkin pie ever!
I wonder how it tastes?

Ingredients

For the pastry
  • sweet short crust pastry case (or a packet of ready made sweet short crust pastry with 40g/1½oz crushed pecans mixed in.)

For the filling

Preparation method

  1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.

  2. Use a shop bought sweet crust pastry case, about 9 inch/23 cm diameter and 1½ inches/4 cm deep.

  3. To make the filling, steam the pumpkin then place in a coarse sieve and press lightly to extract any excess water.

  4. Then lightly whisk the eggs and extra yolk together in a large bowl.

  5. Place the sugar, spices and the cream in a pan, bring to simmering point, giving it a whisk to mix everything together. Then pour it over the eggs and whisk it again briefly.

  6. Now add the pumpkin pureé, still whisking to combine everything thoroughly.

  7. Pour the filling into your pastry case and bake for 35-40 minutes, by which time it will puff up round the edges but still feel slightly wobbly in the centre.

  8. Remove the pie from the oven and place the tin on a wire cooling rack. Serve chilled (stored loosely covered in foil in the fridge) with some equally chilled créme fraïche, but warm or at room temperature would be fine.





KEEP IN MIND MY GIVEAWAY IS STILL GOING ON!
KEEP ENTERING!
GIVEAWAY CLOSES 1ST DEC!!!

3 comments:

delicate diaries said...

Invite me over when you do make it!

Unknown said...

I am completely going to try this!!! I made pumpkin soup.. But well. Pie. <3

Mrs.B said...

This is my favorite dessert in the whole world. I could eat it every day from September through December. I use a recipe my grandmother passed down to my mother and so on...

themom223
swapbot

TuneList - Make your site Live